Friday, June 03, 2005

Sara's Here!

She finally made it. Today is a busy day and tomorrow we set off.

Our itinerary will take us to Montana tomorrow. Then it is on to Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio, New York, and finally Boston!

Highlights will include:
  • Sara will complete her mission to have set foot in all fifty states (she is missing Idaho, South Dakota, and Wisconsin).
  • A stay in a log cabin.
  • We will see Devil's Tower, which I have wanted to visit ever since I first watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind back in the 70s.
  • A stop at the Crazy Horse Monument, Mt. Rushmore, and the Badlands in South Dakota.
  • A walk around Madison where Sara's parents lived before she was born.
Lowlights will include:
  • Lots of bad food.
  • High gas prices.
  • A restless, nervous dog that whines a lot.
We won't be able to post from the road because we won't have a computer with us nor the time to find internet cafes. I will have a digital camera with me, so I will take pictures and post them when I get to Boston.

So this is it for a while. Remember to come back and visit in a week or so!

No comments: