Sunday, April 09, 2006

Wanted
  • Job in New York City
  • An apartment that will accept dogs in said city
  • Suggestions as to neighborhoods to live in, explore, and avoid there
  • Friends to hang out with and show me the ropes
  • Did I mention a job? Yes, I did
  • Money with no strings attached (hey, it doesn't hurt to ask, does it?)
So the news is - Sara got an offer for a position in NYC. It is a great opportunity for her: it will move her career down a more lucrative path, she is very interested in the issues she will be studying, and she will be working with interesting and well-respected people. Yay for Sara!

As much as I would like to be a home-husband, NYC's cost of living does not allow it. Hence the need for a job. I am both excited and terrified about moving to NY. I am sure those feelings will be creeping into my writing here.

That's it for now - but, again, if you know of any opportunities in New York City for an unemployed anthropologists who really doesn't know how to do much, please do let me know.

No comments: