Monday, August 22, 2005

Detox - Day 2

Weight: 232.6 pounds
BF: 25 %

I don't feel so good. I have a headache and my body aches, especially the back of my legs. I still feel like I am in a fog. I wonder how much of this is psychosomatic. I have gone days before without coffee and not felt this way. I have also eaten a "healthy diet" for a stretch of time without falling into this state.

I do notice the tension that was in my back, neck, and shoulders more now. Thinking that a massage might help ease this, I looked up massage in the local neighborhood phone book. It had two listings: one was for so-and-so physical therapy and the other was for "Sensual Alluring Ladies". Sara objected to my checking them out. She right, I am in no shape to get arrested right now.

As to the details of the detox program we are doing. It is one designed by Mark Hyman, M.D. who is the medical director at Canyon Ranch Spa in the Berkshires. A while back we read a book he co-authored called Ultraprevention, which we liked and thought made sense.

Need to run...more later.

No comments: