Thursday, November 17, 2005

Answers to Mariposa's Questions:

1. If you were a book which book would you be?

This is a tough question. I probably could ponder that one for a long time. I won't say that my dissertation, which I hope will soon be a book, for that would be a cop out. Instead I will mention the two that first popped in my head.
I feel that each of the brothers in the Brothers Karamzov by Fyodor Dostoevsky reflects an important part of my personality and as such I think that it would be a fitting book to represent me. I also feel that Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut illustrates the randomness of my life. So one of those two.


2. What are 3 things in your fridge?

Many types of cheeses, apple cider, and strawberries.


3. When are you and your wife coming to Chicago?

I have no idea. There are no upcoming conferences there and neither of us has applied for any jobs there. Actually, I am mistaken...Sara will be there tomorrow, but her presence will only be for an hour or so as she changes planes at Midway on her way to Albuquerque.


4.If you were a painting which one would you be and why?

Again this is a question that I could ponder forever. Unlike the books, however, nothing jumped in my mind. The first thoughts were something by Picasso for its complexity, something by Monet for its vagueness and softness, something by Rivera for its richness, or something by Dali for its absurdity. I am going to have to pass on this one and think about it some more.


5. What's in your suitecase or backpack?

Books, book, and more books. I also have pens, pencils, paper clips, change, Buddhist wrist beads, a wooden W with a wolf on it, old cough drops, asprin, and a highlighter.


If anyone else has questions or wants clarification on my answers, just ask...

No comments: