Sunday, November 27, 2005

Dogs!

Dogs!

I have been feeling uninspired over the past week. It is probably because I missed Sara while she was in New Mexico. She came back on Friday, so my mood has improved. So much so that I was even able to finish a journal article I have been working on. I was supposed to have it to the editor by November 1 - so it was just a little bit late. Ooops!

I can't believe we are heading down to DC on Wednesday. We will be attending the Anthropology meetings which can be fun just because anthropologists are very strange creatures. At the meetings you will see people of every color and flavor. What is not fun is that I have to give a paper that is yet to be finished. Hmmph! I should also be networking and perhaps even interviewing while I am there, but the employment room is one of the most stressful places I have ever been in. So I will avoid it as much as I can.

I do have a non-academic agenda for our time in DC. Sara has never been up the Washington Monument, so we are going to give it a try. I also want to see the new WWII memorial and the new museum of the American Indian. Most of all, I want to get some good Ethiopian food!

Ok, I should get to the title of this post. Thanksgiving Day I left the television on in the morning when I went to work on my article. When I came out to the living room, the dogs were on the couch watching the television. Mind you, they are usually completely oblivious to the television unless there is a dog barking, a cat meowing, or a doorbell ringing. Even then, the attention is fleeting. This time, however, they were completely engrossed. From where I first spotted them, I could not see what was on the television, but then I walked further and discovered that they were watching the Philadelphia Dog Show!

Some people watch football on Thanksgiving, other the Thanksgiving parade. Our dogs prefer the Philadelphia Dog Show! Posted by Picasa


Since I was posting dog pictures, I just thought I would add these two.

Posted by Picasa Whatcha want?


Ever consider getting some odor-eaters? Posted by Picasa

Yes, that is my giant shoe by Zephyr's head!

.

No comments: