Saturday, January 15, 2005

Random Thoughts on a Late Friday Evening

It's too cold for my chilango butt right now. It is a good thing that I am an academic and I don't need to spend any unecessary time outside - other than walking the dog, of course.

Things are busy around here. Catching up from being away for five weeks, preparing for a new semester, and getting ready for a big job interview have all kept me on my toes.

I am also missing Sara more than ever - if that is possible. She's in Chile and now I can't even hear her voice (she really can't call and email is very sporadic). The good thing is that I am going to Boston soon after she gets back. I am so looking forward to that trip. I am also happy that we are more than halfway through this time apart mistake.

After eating too much and unhealthy foods for the past month and a half, I have decided that it is time to eat healthier food and eat less in general. It has been hard the past couple of days. I have enjoyed all the fruit and vegetables I have eaten, but I find myself craving food a few hours later. Mostly chocolate, of course. Ok, I can't write about this because my stomach is starting to complain and I really don't want to eat another apple or orange.

I should also be doing more exercise, but it is hard when you have so much to do and when it is so cold outside.

The Chilean Red Wine Blend from Trader Joe's is fairly good, especially when you consider it only costs $2.99. I wish we had a Trader Joe's here in town. Alas.

There are more interesting things I could be writing about...but I am not. Is it because I am lazy or because I am tired?



No comments: