Thursday, June 17, 2004

AAaaarrggghhhhHHH!!!

I am back from my trip to Mexico, but I have been cranky ever since my return on Tuesday. Cranky and tired. That is why I have not posted until now.

Why, you may ask.

Because the airline lost my two bags somewhere between the time I cleared customs with them in DC and my arrival in Providence.

"They'll be on the next flight from DC that arrives in a couple of hours," they claimed. "We will have them delivered to your house."

I stayed up a good part of the night waiting for the stupid bags to be delivered. They never came.

In the morning, I got a call. "You got two bags that were missing?"

"Yeah," I replied. "When will you deliver them?"

"In an hour, hour and a half."

Two and a half hours later. A car pulls up and a guy opens the hatchback. He stares blankly into the pile of luggage in the back of his car. I run up and see one of my bags.

"That's one of them," I point out.

"Yeah, I don't know where the other one is. I'll have to go back to the airport and sort it out."

Later that morning, I returned to the airport. After much running around, I finally find out my other bag is in Raleigh, NC. Why? I have no clue. The people there say they will get it for me.

Later that aternoon, I return to the airport. They tell me the bag is still in NC. No one there is replying to the messages they send nor answering the phone.

Back at home, I call the airline 800 number. After about 40 minutes on hold, I speak to a real person. After giving my info, she puts me on hold. When she comes back on the line, she tells me that she talked to someone in NC and my bag is there. They will send it to me tomorrow.

This morning I get a call from the Providence rep who has been helping me. She tells me that the NC people sent my bag and it should arrive at 2 pm. At 3 pm, I call to see if the bag arrived. No.

After looking into the matter, it appears that the flight from NC to DC was late and the bag probably did not make the connection. Although, no one is sure the bag is in DC. It will probably be on the next flight from DC, scheduled to arrive at 6:30. Well, because of bad weather, that flight is now scheduled to arrive at 11:00.

So what's in this bag? Most of the presents I got Sara on my trip, a few things I salvaged from my house, and most of my clothes that I took on the trip.

I would probably be more laid back about this if it were not that we are supposed to go to Maine tomorrow for our post-graduation (much-needed) vacation.

I might still go out to the airport tonight to see if the bag is on that VERY delayed flight from DC.

I am glad we are driving to Maine, that is if the bag ever arrives.

No comments: