Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Tomorrow I go back to the country of my birth. My Mexico, or at least Mexico City, is a Mexico that does not exist anymore. It lives only in my memory. The real city has changed, grown, evolved; as it very well should.

I will be a foreigner in my own country. I have become a pinche gringo. Although somehow I am still a chilango. Most of you won't know what these terms mean. Oh well...I am too tired to explain.

I find it ironic that I am heading to Mexico where it is cooler than here. Today was our first steamy summer day here. Two days ago we were struggling to get above 60 degrees. Mexico City seems to be in the mid 70s during the day.

One last thing: if you are ever in the Providence area, be sure to eat at Madeira. It is a Portuguese restaurant in East Providence. It is amazing! Not so good if you are a vegetarian, though. I had an scrumptious Paelha that was HUGE. I ate about half and brought the rest home. I heated it up for dinner and it was enough for both Sara and me.

Have a good weekend everyone and I will see you next week!

No comments: