Saturday, July 17, 2004

You know what is worse than packing for a big move?
 
Packing when it is hot and sticky.
 
Our dog is freaking out too.  He has become very needy and follows us everywhere.  It makes moving boxes difficult when there is a dog right in front of you all the time. 
 
The dog has his equivalent of a security blanket.  It is a giant plush toy in the shape of a bone.  Whenever he is nervous, he walks around the house with it.  Now that there are boxes and stacks of stuff everywhere, he walks around knocking countless things over.  It is irritating, but I cannot blame him.  It is a stressful time and he is trying to cope the only way he knows how.  Plus he is so cute...
 
Sara has been making over her look.  She got her hair dyed a dark brown/red.  She also got her eyelashes tinted to match (a few days ago I did not even know that this was done).  Today she got glasses (she only needs them to see really far away).  I am still not used to all the changes. 
 
That's ok.  I am going to undergo my own transition: I am shaving off my goatee.  I do it every summer.  Having facial hair when it is warm and humid is too irritating.  It is also good to have a symbolic change once in a while.  Sara doesn't like it when I do it because she gets startled everything she sees me.  Just as she is getting used to it, I grow it back out. 
 
Break is over.  Now I have to go back to packing.  Yuck.

 

No comments: