Monday, February 07, 2005

Back in the Saddle Again

I have returned to the West Coast and I am missing Sara terribly. On top of that I have to deal with a huge backlog of things that piled up while I was gone.

It is 6:30 and I am still in my office. Mind you that I am still on East Coast time so it is feeling more like 9:30. Bleh.

Word to the wise: if you ever have to travel, Super Bowl Sunday is the day to do it. Boston's airport was almost empty and my first flight (Boston-Salt Lake City) was half full. I did miss the big game, but I really don't care. I got to see the last five minutes or so when I landed in Salt Lake City.

Super Bowl Sunday is probably also a good day to do other things like go skiing, go to an amusement park, or go see some action flick. In other words, anything that may draw a crowd of men and accompanying individuals (kids, wives, girlfriends, etc.).

Ok. I need to get out of here. Tomorrow's lecture will be done on the fly. I just don't have time or energy to write a detailed outline for it. The good thing is that my classes this semester are only 50 minutes each. In teaching terms, that goes by so quickly. I may be eating my words tomorrow....

No comments: