Tuesday, February 15, 2005

For those of you who are new around here, I need to explain the donkey picture. When I lived in Rhode Island last year and had some webspace, I had the donkey picture as the backdrop to my blog. When I moved away this past summer, I lost that webspace and hence now there is a blah white backdrop.

Some people say it is easier to read the text now, others miss the donkey. Perhaps the donkey will return at some point...

...for now, it was a way to play around with my new discovery of "Hello" and "Picasa" which are pretty cool.

===================

Overheard recently at the local taqueria:

The staff working there were talking about the Motorcycle Diaries (in Spanish, of course). Among the issues being discussed were:
  • Whether the film was a good adaptation of the book.
  • The life of Che Guevara and how his ideals changed after he became involved in Cuba.
  • What Marx would have thought of Castro and Che.
Some of the ideas being tossed around were worthy of grad school banter.

I wonder when a similar conversation has taken place at a McDonnalds, Burger King, or KFC staffed by gringo youth.

No comments: