Saturday, April 30, 2005

Talk about running out of steam. It is nearing 10:00 pm and I am still working on two papers.

Tomorrow I am getting up at 5:00 am to catch a 6:45 flight out of here. I will head up to Seattle only to catch a plane heading down to Houston. There I will meet Sara and we will fly down to Merida, Yucatan.

I am looking forward to the trip except for a few things:
  • It is supposed to be 106 degrees (and very humid, mind you) there tomorrow and the next few days don't seem to hold any relief.
  • I still need to finish these two papers that I am to present at this conference.
  • I still need to pack.
  • And I did mention having to get up at 5, didn't I?
I actually will only present one paper. My two papers were scheduled on Tuesday and a week from Saturday. So I will give the second paper to someone to read for me. It is actually a co-authored paper with an undergrad student. I tried to get her to the conference to present it and I had actually even found the money, but the college has a policy of not funding students to be abroad without the supervision of an adult. Give me a break! They are adults! I guess they are old enough to fight a war, but they can't be unsupervised.

The paper I will be giving is on the local taco trucks. I think I need to do more research, however, before I can come up with any definite conclusions ;-)

I guess I should get back to work or else I won't be sleeping at all tonight.

DON'T FORGET TO SPONSOR SARA!!! Or at least just leave her some words of encouragement in the comments to the previous post...

No comments: