Monday, March 20, 2006

Another day, another rejection.

This one was from a place that I had a mini-interview at the anthropology meetings. I had thought it had gone well. I guess it didn't - not even a second look. Oh well.

The interview is tomorrow.

Suit is pressed and ready. Syllabi are printed and in my bag. I am focused.

That said, I am disappointed that it is only a one-year position. It's not what I really want, but at this point I really cannot be all that demanding. For all I know, they won't offer me the position anyway.

But I am determined to make a good impression nonetheless. Hence the suit. Many academics look awkward in a suit. However, I wear it well, if I do say so myself. I guess something good came out of my time in Italy. And I am a good teacher and scholar, damn it! I need to convey that tomorrow without sounding as arrogant as I do here.

Time for bed. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: