Thursday, March 08, 2007

Highlights from Today [Take 2]

Take 1 was swallowed up when Firefox crashed. It keeps crashing on me - I wonder what is going on. It has been that kind of day.

An old and angry-sounding woman called my cell phone and began yelling at me in Chinese. I tried to tell her that I thought she had reached the wrong number.

I don't think she understood me. She kept calling back and continued the yelling.

Sometimes knowing how to speak Chinese can come in handy.

I wonder if she ever got to yell at the person she was meaning to yell at.

As if that weren't exciting enough, my car was attacked by wild turkeys - while I was driving it.

The turkeys were in the middle of the road, so I slowed down so as not to hit them. As I rolled past them, they charged the car and began pecking the tires. When I stopped, they backed off. There was something about the turning wheels that they did not seem to appreciate.

As I began to move again, they rushed to peck the tires again. I was happy I was in the car. They were rather large birds.

I wonder if someone will make a meal out of them.




Maybe the angry Chinese woman...

Life is strangely interconnected like that.

No comments: