Sunday, August 29, 2010

Last Day of Summer (Break)

Summer is over.

At least summer break is over.  Classes start on Wednesday, but my first class is on Thursday.  Until then, my week is full of meetings and other work related tasks and events.

It will be nice to get back to a rhythm - summer's lack of structure can be hard to deal with.  I have high hopes as to what will get done during the summer months, but it never pans out.

I am also looking forward to cooler weather.  This has been a hot summer.  And humid - something I don't do well with.  The uncomfortable climate can be a great excuse for the lack of productivity.  It always is: heat, cold, grey, rain, or whatever happens to be overhead that day...always a distraction.

A return to getting paid will be good too.  It has been a very difficult summer financially, trying to make ends meet.  Our system of not getting paid during July and August is nuts.  I know I should plan ahead and save up, but it never seems to work out.  This year I need to be better about that.

Stress has been abundant this summer.  I don't think it will go away, but at least I will be busy to keep my mind off of it.

No comments: