Sunday, August 29, 2010

Random

I feel like posting something, but I don't know what.

I am feeling glum.  I mope.

I would like some stability in my life.  What would it take?

Stupid question.

It's hot again.  I don't like it.  The heat is going to stick around as if to taunt me.

I am starting to think about my courses.  I should try to be creative.  Make my classes different.

I am up for tenure this semester - although it won't go into effect until a year from next semester.  I still need to apply for promotion by December.  That's a separate decision, but it would also go into effect next year.  Those are big hurdles that once passed will bring a sense of tranquility - at least professionally.

Then I can go crazy with creativity in my classes.  The mad eccentric professor...haha.

I am disillusioned with this country.  The level of ignorance and stupidity among some people is truly discouraging.

So it goes...

No comments: