Saturday, May 22, 2004

Finally! The grading is DONE!

I think everyone got the grade they deserved...more or less. Everyone passed, although there were a few students who might not have deserved it. Not my problem.

What now? A night off with a few beers and nothing to do. Very nice...

Tomorrow I will tackle the next item on the agenda. Revise a paper Sara and I submitted to be included in an edited volume. The topic is fun: Food and Identity. The revisions - not so much.

We also have started our simultaneous house/apartment searches. My search is being done long-distance with the help of a very kind professor at the college who is visiting potential places, taking pictures, and sending me a report. I have a couple of leads, and she is going to visit another place on Wednesday.

Sara and I saw an apartment in Boston yesterday. It was nice, but Sara has safety concerns since it is a basement apartment (with good reason - a few years back we had our apartment broken into). On the way back to Providence, we drove through a nice section of Boston - West Roxbury. We saw a house we really liked. If only we had enough money to buy it. We are not quite there yet. Damn!

Funny story:
When we got back home last night, our dog welcomed us with the top of a small garbage can around his neck. We have a small plastic trash can in our living room where we dispose of our tissues. It has a rounded top with an oval flap that swings open. Our dog, for some strange reason, loves to chew used tissues when we are out of the house. He usually manages to get the top off, but this time he pushed his head through the swivel opening and got his head caught. The top then came off and stayed around his neck. It looked like one of those plastic cones you put on dogs when they have a wound or have had surgery to keep them from licking/biting at the wound.

This actually had happened once before. It kept him from getting in the trash for about a week, but then he was back at it. We will see what happens this time. Both times he was extremely pleased to see us, and in his own way begged for some assistance. The first time he had to endure me trying to change the film in the camera in order to take come pictures of him. When I get them developed, I will probably post them.

I can't believe graduation weekend is a week away. The graduation carnival (Sara called it the divorced parent circus) will officially start on Wednesday when my mother and step-father arrive. We will have dinner with them then, but they are planning on spending the next few days in in Boston. My father and step-mother arrive late Sunday night. They will require more attention. Luckily my sister arrives Saturday and can help in that matter.

I am looking forward to seeing my mother, step-father, and sister. It has been almost two years since I last saw them.

It's the carnival I am not that thrilled about. This will actually be the first time all our families we will meet. Sara and I eloped just to avoid such a carnival.

At the very least I will have some interesting stories to write here.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. If anyone still stops by here...

No comments: