Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Whoa...
You take a couple of days off to format and finish editing your dissertation and Blogger goes and changes its look.

It is going to take some time to get used to this.

As is getting used to the fact that the dissertation is history. I officially submitted it to the university today. It is done. Any changes now will be for a future publication.

As I look around my littered and cluttered office, I realize that I no longer am dependent on the books, notes, articles, and other sources that surround me. I can return library books, put my own stuff away, and throw away several trees worth of paper.

Yes, it is going to take a while to sink in.

There are still exams and papers to grade, though. As much as I tried, I could not wish them away. I will tackle them tomorrow.

Now to the Good News is Bad News section:

I got the postdoc at the college in Walla Walla.

It is an amazing opportunity, yet it is also about seven or eight hours by plane from Boston. Hmmmph...It is only for a year. That is what I keep telling myself.

Too much stimulus concentrated in a brief period of time. It is a tad overwhelming.

It is also hot. Where did spring go? I hardly got to know you.

No comments: