Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I kicked a chair today.

It hurt me more than the chair.

In fact, I may have broken my little toe on my right foot. I'll have to see its condition in the morning.

I am not sure why I did it. I was walking across the kitchen to feed the dog when - POW! - my foot made contact with the steel leg of the lonely ugly orange chair that sits in the kitchen. The chair barely moved. My toe definitely did and now it is swollen and thobbing.

Sara also hit her toe. She attributes the toe mishaps on bad feng shui. That is quite possible.

In other news, I am not sure what is going on with the weather here. Two days ago it was summer - 90 degrees and humid. Yesterday morning it was still summerlike, then around noon we went back to spring. Today it was almost winter-like: we barely made it over 50 degrees. What's up with that? I am not complaining, though. I prefer the cooler weather. I just put on a sweatshirt and I am ready to go. Well, actually, with the throbbing toe, I am not going anywhere.

I am also dealing with the infamous moths that Sara has mentioned before. I am not sure where they are breeding. They seem to come from the pantry, but I can't find where they are shacking up. Maybe the moths are a result of bad feng shui too. It seems as plausible of a reason as any.

Still waiting for my computer to arrive. All my other boxes with books made it. The computer box went to Spokane then to some place in Illinois and then back to Spokane. Hmmm...maybe bad feng shui to blame there too.

Time to deal with the bad feng shui. Sara is the expert at that, though, and she is quite busy at the moment.

No comments: