You gotta love lunar holidays - you are never sure what day they are going to land on. I like the surprise.
Here are some tips for the Chinese New Year.
- Don't clean for a couple of days - you might throw out the good fortune (I doubt this will be a problem for us. Anyway, we have good fortune galore stored around in dog fur).
- Don't wash your hair today (again the good fortune thing).
- Don't lend any money today (I guess this means also borrowing money or using credit cards).
- Wear red.
- Look for red birds (unfortunately, I have not seen my buddy the cardinal around).
- Don't eat meat (we kind of already blew that one).
- Don't curse or use foul language (it is hard because the Chinese character for fortune, which you are supposed to display, is "FOOK").
- Don't cry or else you will cry all year.
- Have an orange - it will bring you wealth.
- And tomorrow, feed a dog a little treat and be extra kind to her or him - the second day of New Year is the day of the dogs . Especially meaningful because this will be the year of the dog.
One can only hope.