Sunday, January 22, 2006

Life (the academic sort) starts for real this week.

Last week I had the first meeting of one of my classes, but it all seemed fairly informal. This week I have three class meetings, appointments, deadlines, etc. I just looked at my schedule and had a little freak-out moment. Yes, there is a lot to do and less flexibility in which to do it.

I am trying to schedule three visits to the newly joined gym this week as well. I have been a couple of times so far. I met with the trainer who set up my workout routine on Fitlinxx. Working out has gone all high tech on me. It has been a while...

I am starting to feel like a geezer...a ruco as I would say in my youth.

The shadows of uncertainty related to the job search are lurking all around me. I try not to docus on them, but my subconscious won't let me forget about it or escape dealing with it. It seems as though I am clenching my teeth in my sleep. Apparently this tends to be common when you are on the medication I am taking for my other problem. So how best to deal with it? Take another pill! I feel like I am playing a game of Whack the Mole with issues in my head. You deal with one, another pops up.

I should get back to my planning for the week. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments: