Sunday, March 13, 2005

I made it to San Diego.

It was a nice drive. It was interesting to see spring come into bloom as I made my way south. The trees were greener, the flowers brighter, and the birds friskier as I entered the lower latitudes.

It is strange that it is much cooler in San Diego than it was anywhere else on the way here, except for maybe LA.

Strange sight: somewhere in the San Juaquin Valley I stopped for gas in the evening. As I was pumping, a Greyhound bus stopped and let the passengers off for a break. I have seldom seen such a strange assortment of people: the weirdest eccentrics and the poorest Mexicans you can imagine. They all got off and immediately lit up, right next to the gas pumps. Needless to say, I was out of there pretty quickly.

Word of advice: avoid the Coalinga Motel 6. More on that later.

I am tired, so I will quit for now. Maybe more tomorrow.

No comments: