Friday, March 11, 2005

Spring Break

I hit the road again tomorrow. I am going from here:


[Landscape in Southeastern Washington] Posted by Hello

to here:


The Charles River in Boston Posted by Hello

Of course, I am taking the "scenic route" there. That is, I am driving to San Diego (I'll get there on Sunday) and on Tuesday I am flying out to Boston. Our puppy is going to stay at grandma's with his friend, Grandma's dog in San Diego for about a month (hence the reason for the drive down there). This is because Sara and I will be moving around the country quite a bit and the dog needs a loving place to stay. He likes it in San Diego because there is a huge yard to play in, lots of gophers to dig for, and someone to play with.

I just looked at that picture again and it makes me shiver. Yes, it is still snowing in Boston and the river is still frozen. Some people dare to walk out on it. I never would. Although I do like the scene in The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind where they walk out and look at the stars.

Despite the unappealing weather, I am looking forward to snuggling up with my sweetie with a nice warm cup of hot chocolate. Yes, that will be very nice.

I am probably not making much sense here. I have been running all day, finishing up my duties at the college, packing things up, and getting ready for a long road trip. Needless to say, I am exhausted. I also tried downloading some audio books for the drive. The downloading part worked fine, but burning them on to CDs turned out to be a major fiasco. I eventually got one of the two books on to CDs, but I was so frustrated by the whole process that I went to a book store and bought one there that was already on CDs (not the same one I downloaded).

As I was saying, I am tired and probably not to coherent. The dog finally passed out. He gets very stressed when he sees suitcases. The good news for him is that he gets to come along this time. He used to whine a lot in the car, but the last few trips he has been very good.

Unfortunately I won't have any way to post while I am on the road. So this is so long until maybe Sunday or Monday...but possibily even longer. I will be picking up my digital camera (which I had delivered to San Diego) on the way, so I will be playing with that and possibily putting some pictures up here along the way. Yay - another procrastination method. Just what I needed.

Everybody have a good and peaceful weekend.

No comments: