Thursday, March 17, 2005

In Boston

I made it here. That was a lot of miles in the last week, each one worth it. I am in the process of of recovering and recuperating now.

I have been learning how to use my new camera. No pictures as of yet. This may have to wait until I return to Washington where I can install the software and upload the pictures. I am a bit behind on the learning process when it comes to digital media.

Some observations:

- I still don't understand why people here in Boston (and Rhode Island) park and just sit in their cars - even when it is REALLY cold outside. It seems to be a pastime here. Even after living in New England for many years and being away for almost one, it still creeps me out - especially when they are out in front of your house.
- San Diego has a big pothole problem courtesy of the excessive rains they received this winter. Even so, Boston's problem is much worse.
- Just down the street there seems to be a sinkhole starting right between the sidewalk and the street. It goes down about two feet and there seems to be a cave running under the street. Someone stuck a stick in it and attached a plastic bag to the top.
- Having a street sign that says "Centre Street under construction ahead, drive at your own risk" is a bit disconcerting.
- Sara and I believe that the Big Dig in Boston has unleashed the deamons that were trapped under the city of Boston - hence the cold winter, the Red Sox winning the World Series, the massive potholes, the Bush election victory, and the never ending problems with the Big Dig itself. It could be that the gates to Hell were unlocked and Armagedon is about to begin. I will let you know if I see any horsemen riding around.
- The ANWR being opened up to drilling has me depressed.

That's all for now. I have a project idea that I may run by you soon. I need to think about it a little more...stay tuned.

No comments: