Thursday, February 26, 2004

Drivel at the end of the day...

The one thing I don't like about teaching: grading. There are a few short papers I am supposed to grade and hand back tomorrow. Have I done it? No. Am I doing it? Obviously no, since I am here instead. Am I going to do it tonight? Probably not.

Had a very busy day. Lecture, teaching two sections, busy work, a reception, and an *academic* dinner (that means a dinner with professors and scholars where you need to engage intellectually) on campus. It might sound stuffy, but it isn't really. It is actually interesting to see these nerdy academics socialize and hear some of the stories they have about each other. Best of all is the gossip from the academia. Hehe...Intellectuals can be catty and trashy as well.

Got some good news today. I have a phone interview for the job I mentioned yesterday. That is yet another step forward in the process. It will be next Wednesday. I am terrible on the phone, and I am not good in interviews. So the two together is not a good combination. Panic has not quite set in yet.

I am not terribly excited about Wisconsin, but there are worse places. Actually, I have never been to Wisconsin as you may recall from the states I have been to map I posted a while back (sorry, I am too tired and lazy to post a link as I should). I have been to Chicago (as you may recall from postings back in November - again dig in the archives if you wish and curse my laziness), which is about an hour away. I liked Chicago, but I don't know if it would be a place I would want to live in.

I am getting ahead of myself here. There are many more steps that I would have to take before I would have to decide about living in Kenosha. The interview and any subsequent steps that may occur will at the very least be a good learning experience.

This is all so draining, though. I just wish I did not have so many other things to do.

No comments: