Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Freaky Coinsidence

I got a nibble on a job application yesterday. They requested letters of recommendation and syllibi for courses I would teach. I little step, but a forward one nonetheless. The school is University of Wisconsin - Parkside. Where is that, you ask? It is in Kenosha, WI.

I know, I know that is not a lot of help. Kenosha lies on Lake Michigan between Milwaukee and Chicago, almost on the border with Illinois.

Back to my story. Like you I wasn't too sure where it was, so as I had David Letterman on the television late last night, I pulled out the atlas and I was looking it up when something freaky happened. Sara was flossing (of course) and she wandered out of the bathroom and into the living room. Right at the moment she walked in, I spotted Kenosha on the map, and on the Letterman show someone said that Saddam Hussein now works as a vending machine repairman in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Huh?

Letterman was doing a segment called, "Dictators: Where are they now?" that mock the MTV and VH1 shows about old rock stars. The segment, of course, was about Saddam. So that was the story they came up for him.

Sara stopped flossing and looked at me increduously. She asked, "Did they just say Kenosha, Wisconsin? And are you looking it up in the atlas? That is just too weird! You need to put that in your blog!" So here it is.

I must say, that was very bizarre. Just one of those strange cosmic conjectures.

No comments: