Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Quick Notes

- Just finished Chapter 7, a 44 page behemoth. I need to proof-read it tomorrow. Then I can turn in the first draft on Friday. It's only a week and two days late. Of course, I also need to write the Introduction and Conclusions. But the 258 pages that are the main body of this dissertation are written. Pending revisions.

- Ughh. Just thinking about the dissertation exhausts me at this point.

- I have been described as a space cadet that has been zombified. That is probably an accurate statement.

- The Super Bowl was an example of why I don't really watch sports often. I get too invested in it and I suffer. I don't know why, but the adrenaline kicks in, my heart races, and I yell out in cheers or in disappointment (much to the annoyance of Sara). But the Pats won, so it ended well. I should be good until the next World Cup (soccer). Unless the Red Sox make a run at the World Series again.

- My body is in desperate need of exercise.

- Last night it sleeted and the streets were covered with a perilous sheet of ice. Not fun.

- I received a rejection from a job I applied for at the University of Colorado. That one hurt because Boulder seems like such a nice place to live and I thought I had a shot at it.

- Heimabakaða sjúkkulaðiköku means "home baked chocolate cake." I sure could use some of that right now.

- The new seasonal beer by Sam Adams, the White Ale (so new it is not on their website yet), is fantastic!

- I need a vacation.

No comments: