Sunday, April 25, 2004

The countdown to the defense continues.

I am really in a funk. I hope my state of mind clears up once this is all done. The defense is strange, there is little you can do to prepare for it. You go in and you are supposed to talk for two hours about this thing that has consumed the past God-knows how many years of your life.

Actually, you give a short introduction, then they ask you questions about it.

I have been trying to read through the whole dissertation today. It is SO long. Maybe too long. There are things in chapter one I would like to take out now, others I should have re-read before writing the conclusion. I was working on that chapter a year ago. It is kind of strange seeing it again from this side...followed by all those other chapters.

Ok, I won't get all introspective here. I don't know how much I will be around. Maybe a lot, if I need to keep my mind off things. Or maybe not at all. Dunno.

No comments: