Thursday, April 01, 2004

Spring, they say, arrived sometime at the end of the last month. The weather right now is much more like winter than spring, however. Although it is raining (a lot) instead of snowing, so I guess that is an improvement (or is it? I do like the snow better than the rain). Nevertheless, this week is spring break for us. That means that I don't have to go to lecture or teach. I do have a HUGE stack of exams to grade, as well as some short papers. Not to mention a certain dissertation that is sitting there waiting to be revised and finished. Hmmm....

But since it is spring, today I engaged in one of those seasonal rituals that people speak about: Spring Cleaning. No, my office is still a mess, our apartment is very schmutzig, our car needs some help, and the dog still needs a bath. The cleaning was within myself.

This morning I finally got a massage that was long overdue. It did wonders to cleanse out the tension that has taken root in my muscles and in my being. It will definitely take some additional sessions to work it all out, but it was a start.

This afternoon I got a very needed dental cleaning. It had been three years since I had ventured to the dentist's office. Not because I am afraid of the dentist, rather because I have not had enough money and time to get myself there. I do take care of my teeth and fortunately I have a good set of teeth that have held up well.

So now I have a less tense body and a clean mouth. Yay for cleansing....

In other news...

My mind was so at peace today that I was even able to tackle our taxes without stressing out too much and now that is more or less taken care of.

The car got its service on Monday, so it is feeling better as well (although that 30K service took a big chunk out of the bank account).

I set my defense date: the big day is April 27. Yes, that day is coming up very quickly. I should be more worried that I currently am. Don't worry (no pun intended, sorry), I will make up for it in the coming days and weeks.

I baked cookies last night. Now I know why I don't do that more often. They are too good and I am tempted (so is Sara) to eat them all. We have been good....(so far).

Ok, I am off to goof off a little....

No comments: