Thursday, April 29, 2004

Given my silence over the last few days, you may have had visions of me doing one of the following:

- frolicking on a warm, sunny beach somewhere
- engaging in a wild and crazy party
- imbibing copious amounts of alcohol
- sleeping hours on end

Unfortunately I cannot say that any of these reflect reality. Successfully defending your dissertation does not allow you to step away from life. So I am back engaging in the droll responsibilities of teaching, grading, and preparing for a job interview. Moreover, there is a second defense in this household that needs to take place. Perhaps there will be some celebrating after that one. There was a nice bottle of prosecco waiting for me in my department mailbox that is now chilling in the fridge.

I do believe that cork will pop tomorrow.

So stop reading this and go wish Sara the best (even if you have already done so, go do it again!).

No comments: