Wednesday, April 07, 2004

YAWN!

Time is running out for me to finish the necessary changes on my dissertation. But the distractions keep popping up.

I curse those distractions.

Today's main culprit was grading. I had a stack of short papers to grade. I have said it before, I will say it again: I hate grading.

I almost skipped yoga today. I really needed to go, though. I had not been for several weeks (Wisconsin trip, spring break, etc.). I don't like this class very much. It is run too much like an exercise class and its a bit too new-agey for my tastes.

I saw a dead squirrel today while walking the dog. It is amazing how he obsesses about them when they are alive. This dead one was right in front of him and he could have cared less. There is something about the way they move...

As much as I dislike the critters, I still felt bad for this one.

No word from Wisconsin yet. That's ok. I am not ready to deal with that just yet.

I was thinking...there are too many worthy charities out there. It is a good thing I don't have any money. I would have a hard time deciding which I would want to donate money to. Maybe I will make a list of the ones I like or feel indebted to.

But not tonight.

I might not be around tomorrow. It's Thursday. That means lecture, quick lunch, section, a different section, and then more grading (I need to do the papers for my Friday section). If I still awake after all that, then I need to write a little more of the ol' diss.

Nonetheless, I might still stop by and say hi.

Nite...

No comments: