Friday, April 09, 2004

The rush towards the defense continues.

Type, type, type...[Pause]...[Think]...type, type, type.

[Get up, wander around - I do my best thinking while pacing around, it must be that the good ideas settle down into my behind when I am sitting - get an idea, rush back to my desk]

Type, type, type.

That wasn't my whole day, though.

I had to teach a section this morning. Then I had the dreaded post-exam office hours.

Student: "I want to know why I got a bad grade!"
X: "You tell me. Why did you get a bad grade? Why did you write all the wrong answers?"

Some students came, but none were too confrontational.

Not only do we need to finish our drafts, defend them, etc. There is a mountain of bureaucratic stuff we need to get through before we are allowed to graduate. Ugh!

*I just re-read the line above about ideas...and before anyone says anything - NO, I don't have a big butt. That's because I don't have many good ideas. :-)

Well, I better get some rest before I start seeing dead squirrels walking dogs (see comments in previous post). By the way, that squirrel is still there. It is looking pretty bad. You would think someone would move it...like the people who live in front of where it is. I certainly would not want a decomposing dead squirrel by my house.

Ah, speaking of squirrels...have a lookie...for once a sensible squirrel [NSFW] (embezzeled from Anne). I am also sick of the low carb craze. I have taken to eat more carbs just to be contrarian.

Ok. I'll stop.

No comments: