Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Thoughts from a cross-country trip (Part I)

You see and experience quite a lot during a cross-country trek. You also have many hours where your mind wanders, has random thoughts, or plain just goes blank. That said, I will chronicle some of these thoughts and non-thoughts here. I will spread them out as to not make the whole process overwhelming for myself or tedious for the reader.

Here we go:
  • Spokane, what little I saw of it from the road, seemed nice - nicer than how I had pictured it.
  • Lake Coeur d'Elaine in Idaho is absolutely beautiful. It is a great place for a cabin if I ever have the resources to purchase a cabin. I probably won't, so the point is moot.
  • Driving with a roof carrier (mine is soft) really lowers your gas milage.
  • I saw signs for "pre-owned cars". I know they mean used cars, but to me pre-owned means before being owned - in other words, new. Unless pre-owned is just an abreviation for previously owned. In any case, I don't like the term. They should just say used.
  • It is hard to drive for eight hours after you spent a morning cleaning out a house and packing a car.
  • Music during Day 1: Beck - "Guero", The Offspring, Los Abandoned.
As long drives can be dull, people often find ways to make them more entertaining. Some of these diversions include visiting kitchy roadside attractions, taking scenic routes, eating at local dives. For us it has been taking pictures of Zeus peeing on different states. So here is the Idaho installment:


Pee on Idaho Posted by Picasa

More to come...

No comments: