Saturday, December 27, 2003

Work and Play

Or I should say play and work. Today was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and the temperatures were warm (for this time of year - almost 50 degrees). The perfect day to use one of my gifts from Sara of the past days: Guide to Providence Architecture. It is a lovely book that has thematic tours (most of them walking tours) that go through the fascinating architecture of this fine city.

After lunch we put the leash on our dog and headed out for a nice stroll through the now empty campus to learn more about the buildings we walk by everyday. It was great. Lovely day, lovely buildings, lovely company. The dog had a blast to hunting down squirrels who were also making the most of the fine weather. We only did a fraction of the tour, but it was enough. We will definitely be putting this book to good use. I hope we have many nice days like today.

The escapade early in the day meant that the late afternoon had to be devoted to work. I have not gotten nearly enough done over the past couple days and new deadlines are looming. I am not sifting through mounds of data I collected in Italy to see what I can use in the two chapters I am putting together now. This evening was spent listening to interviews, which can be interesting at times, but can also be endlessly tedious (more of the latter today). I need to sit through most of them, though, transcribing parts that will be useful. There will be more of this tomorrow. Joy, joy, joy.

The weather is supposed to be nice again. There may be another venture outside in the works.

No comments: