Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Hidden Treasure
Living a nomadic lifestyle of an anthropology graduate student leads one to not want to unpack boxes unless absolutely necessary. As a consequence there are many unpacked boxes in our apartment.

Today I was looking for some books I wanted to lend to a fellow student. Looking through my bookcase, I could not find them. Might they be in one of the many unpacked boxes? As I sifted through some of them without success, I did make many unexpected discoveries. One box was especially fascinating: in among many random papers and magazines there were two year-old maxipads, some old lifesavers, some plastic page covers (you never know when those may come in useful), really old junk mail, and a CD case full of music (that belongs to my wife).

I have "borrowed" some of those CDs and I am now cruising along to some great tunes. Playing now is Men at Work - Business as Usual (a terrific compilation of songs that always make me smile). Next to be played: The Doors - The Best of the Doors.

By the way, I now vaguely remember lending the books I was looking for to a different friend who is now away in Nova Scotia doing fieldwork. So I am sure the books are sitting somewhere in storage. Oh well...

Be good, be good; be good, be good,be good; be good, be good, be good; be good Joooohny... :-)

No comments: