Saturday, November 15, 2003

Saturday Night

I have lost the first battle, but I have not completely capitulated in my war against this cold. My head is congested, but I can tell my body is fighting it. I refuse to let this cold take complete control of my body.

Needless to say, it has destroyed my head. No concentration today and hence no writing. Rats! Tomorrow will need to be a productive day regardless of how I feel.

Sara and I made our way over to Federal Hill (the Italian neighborhood in Providence) today. We wanted to visit an Italian wine shop I had heard good things about. We were in search of a wine from the area where we used to live: Valcalepio (info in English). We also were in search of Braulio, a liqueur made from mountain herbs. It tastes a little like a Ricola in liquid and alcoholic form. Sara swears it makes her better whenever she has a cold. So a batch right now would come in handy.

We struck out on both counts. We did find a wine the province next to the one we lived in and that we had when we were living over there. I love the name: Inferno. We also got a liqueur, Amaro Montenegro, also made from herbs. THis one is made in Bologna, though, which is about three hours from where we were (far in Italian standards). We had a little this evening, but it may take several more doses before it starts working :-)

We did make some hot chocolate with the chocolate from Oaxaca (see post from a few days ago) this evening. Amazing!!! We cozied up and watched Finding Nemo. Wonderful film!!!

So even though I don't feel 100%, I had wonderful romantic evening (see previous post for details).

No comments: