Friday, November 07, 2003

Things to do with leftover Necco wafers

We still have Necco Wafers left over and my waistline is already much too large. While I am not repulsed by them as some of you are, they are not worth indulging on. If I am going to partake of calories, I rather it be something chocolaty or ice cream. So what to do with these Necco Wafers?

Some of you had suggestions:
Hope (a new visitor, welcome Hope): paint tiny smiley faces on them and market them as "don't worry, be happy" jewelry on ebay.

Lux – use them as substitute communion hosts/wafers.

My wife and I tried thinking of other ones, but always came up with a problem:

-Coasters for shot glasses. Too small and they might get sticky if the glass sweats.

-Confetti. Maybe a little too painful and not festive enough.

-Confetti for people you don’t like. Could get sued.

-Mini-Frisbees. Too hard to catch.

-Substitute coins for vending machines and Laundromats. Don’t quite work right.

-You can use the wintergreen ones to light a fire. Apparently they spark in the dark - at least according to the fun-fact page from Necco.


Maybe you have other suggestions? I am all ears!

No comments: