Saturday, November 08, 2003

Saturday Adventure
Tonight was another movie night, although my wife decided she was too tired to watch it and went to bed. The feature for the evening was Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. I must say I was disappointed. I had heard good things about the film and the premise seems so fascinating. It just did not seem to build any momentum. The acting was fine, but there just was something missing.

After reading Sara's post about her husband making pizza at home, I decided to try it too. It turned out to be only a partial success. I tried making one on an oven stone and the other on a pizza dish. Tip for next time - heat the oven stone before you put the pizza on it. That pizza stuck to the stone and was not fully cooked. The other one turned out ok. I will have to give it a try again some other time - if my wife will let me.

We were consumers today. For my birthday, I received a gift certificate for Target from my mother-in-law (I really don't like that term - I guess it is all the negativity associated with it the is promoted in the media - I will use "my wife's mother" from now on). So we headed out today. Saturday afternoons is not the best time to shop - it is too crowded. So here is what I got:

Trivial Pursuit - The 20th Anniversary Edition. I really like Trivial Pursuit. It is one of the few occasions that all my useless knowledge comes in handy. Although my wife doesn't like to play and we don't have people over that often. So I am not sure when I will get to play.

Finding Nemo DVD - I have not seen it yet. But I love animation and I love the ocean. So I am sure I will like it.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil DVD - I also have not seen this film (nor read the book), but I have wanted to and have heard it is good. It was only $5, which is almost the same as renting it.

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here CD. Probably one of my favorite Pink Floyd albums, but I didn't have it in CD. My wife claimed that she had on tape somewhere, and then confessed that it might even be a copy of a tape. It was only $9, so I got it.

We almost went to Borders Books because there is a book I really want. But we are pretty broke right now and it is a pricey book, so I decided I didn't need to have it just right now. It can wait.

So that was my Saturday. Actually, I also did some laundry, vacuuming, and kitchen cleaning. Pretty exciting stuff, huh? It actually is when you are supposed to be working and being productive.

There is always tomorrow, either for productivity or something truly adventurous.

No comments: