Monday, January 26, 2004

Cool Link

When I was a boy, I was fascinated by tall buildings. I always wanted to go up the tallest one around. It was probably linked to my dream of being able to fly.

I did make it up the Twin Towers when I was fourteen. I have also been up the Sears Tower in Chicago. Now there are so many in East Asia that are competing to be the tallest. Spires and antenas don't count in my book, though. The highest occupied floor is the critical criterion. You need to be able to go up and look out a window. So the proposed tower for the new World Trade Center in New York won't count.

In one of my bouts of procrastination, I found this site about skyscrapers.

There are many ways you can look at buildings. In the groupings by cities, you can look up your city and see the buildings there. If you live in a smaller city, you may have to look in your country first before finding your city. One feature I really like is if you are looking at a particular building there is a link that says View [City Name] digram. It then displays all the buldings in that city by size. For example, there is one for New York.

Unfortunately the site is a little slow. But well worth the wait for you patient people.

No comments: