Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Life Update

Another day, another chapter written.

If it were only that easy. I did finish chapter 6 today and gave it to my advisor.

One more to go, plus and introduction and a conclusion. Then I am done.

Got chapters 4 and 5 back from my advisor too. They need some minor revision and some points worked on, but all in all he was happy with them. That's good.

I am amazed how many people weighed in on the teeth nightmare. I have several interpretations of my own (Freud would be proud):
1. Finishing this dissertation has been like pulling teeth.
2. I have read that teeth in dreams signify protection and losing them means you feel vulnerable and defenseless. Perhaps I feel uncertain about the future.
3. I was a hockey player in a previous life.
4. I really NEED to go to the dentist.

It probably is none of these.

In other news - it is still cold and we got more snow, although not as much as they hyped. I more or less expected it to be nothing. Going outside and shoveling actually felt good. I must be going crazy. And since it is in the mid 20s (about -3 C), it actually felt nice, that is compared to the single digit and negative temperatures we have been having.

Ah, yeah, I have been getting rejections recently. Two conferences I applied to participate in turned me down, and I got a letter for a job I applied for at UC Santa Barbara. I can't let these things get me down. There is too much to do and I am sure there will be more of those arriving in the coming months. I just need one to be successful. Wait and see.

I am off to rest my weary mind.

No comments: