Monday, January 05, 2004

A Dog, a Rainy Day and a Couple of Hours to Kill

Sara had a phone interview today - yay, Sara, but that is something for her to write about. She asked for some peace and quiet and no distractions for a while before the interview and then during the interview. This meant that the dog and I needed to be somewhere else. Not so much because of me (I can keep myself busy and quiet working or avoiding work), but rather because the dog starts making his presence known once it starts nearing dinner time.

So what do you do with your dog for the two hours between four and six in the afternoon when the sun sets at about 4:30 and it is cold and raining? That was what I had to figure out.

I ran a few errands and took the dog for a short, cold, and wet walk. That killed about half an hour. I thought about driving somewhere, but it was rush hour in the rain, so the thought of that was not appealing. Moreover, while I like driving around to enjoy the scenery, there is little to look at once it gets dark.

I decided to get Sara some flowers because she was pretty stressed. While driving to get them, I was cruising along a poorly lit road. Suddenly I notice two guys walking in the road. I came pretty close to hitting them. Who walks IN the road when it is dark and raining? How stupid is that? Those two deserve to get hit, I am just glad it was not me doing the hitting.

Now I am back home, warm and comfy. However, I am dreading having to go back to work. But it must be done...

No comments: