Saturday, January 17, 2004

Productive Day

Today was a good day. Got quite a few pages out. Got a walk in with the dog (we broke freezing today - YAY!). And I still have my sanity - I think. Wait, now where did I leave it?

We went downtown for our usual weekend stroll up the Providence River to Waterplace Park. The river was frozen over. It must be my upbringing in Mexico where the only ice we saw was golfball-sized hail, but frozen bodies of water fascinate me. The Providence River is especially interesting because it is an estuary, so it goes up and down with the tides. This has led to the formation of many interesting ice formations as the ice has risen and fallen with the tides.

The bad news is that my right knee has been hurting. I think it is all the sitting and lack of exercise. It is ironic, though, that my body does something that will prevent me from exercising to complain that I haven't been exercising.

The other good finds yesterday: Best of Bowie and the new Enigma (both also for $9.99). I never realized how many Bowie songs I actually like. And I would generally not listen to Enigma just for the sake of listening to it, but I find it excellent music to write to. It is not distracting. The 80's songs are. I will stop writing to sing along (much to Sara's dismay - no wonder she closes her office door and puts on headphones). These songs, however, energize me and help me keep going.

That's it for now. Ciao...

No comments: