Friday, October 03, 2003

50 Things you've been dying to know about me

In honor of Mala for her Birthday!

1. Your name spelled backwards: Eltniuqztiolox
2. Where were your parents born? Father: Mexico City. Mother: Oakland, California.
3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer? Virus Scan Update
4. What's your favorite restaurant? Impossible to answer. It's like asking a parent who is their favorite child.
5. Last time you swam in a pool? Last May.
6. Have you ever been in a school play? Yes
7. How many kids do you want? Not sure, between none and three.
8. Type of music you dislike most? Country
9. Are you registered to vote? YES
10. Do you have cable? Just the basic service with the network channels.
11. Have you ever ridden on a moped? Yes.
12. Ever prank call anybody? Who hasn't.
13. Ever get a parking ticket? Yes - Providence does not allow overnight parking on the street. I did not know that the first night I lived here.
14. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? Both
15. Furthest place you ever traveled? Somewhere in Southeast Asia
16. Do you have a garden? Little porch garden. It's really my wife's but I am the one who waters it everyday.
17. What's your favorite comic strip? All time fave: Calvin and Hobbes. In print now: Several, but none truly inspiring.
18. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem? Yes, both of them.
19. Bath or Shower, morning or night? Usually shower in the morning to wake up. Prefer bath at anytime.
20. Best movie you've seen in the past month? Have I seen a movie in the past month? Office Space wins by default (although I did like it).
21. Favorite pizza topping? Depends where I am having pizza.
22. Chips or popcorn? Chips
23. What color lipstick do you usually wear? N/A
24. Have you ever smoked peanut shells? No
25. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant? No
26. Orange Juice or apple? Both.
27. Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine? My wife, Mediterraneo in Providence.
28. Favorite type chocolate bar? Again, too difficult to say. Chocolate = GOOD.
29. When was the last time you voted at the polls? 1996 (I usually vote by absentee ballot).
30. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato? Yesterday.
31. Have you ever won a trophy? Yes
32. Are you a good cook? Yes, if I do say so myself.
33. Do you know how to pump your own gas? Yes
34. Ever order an article from an infomercial? No
35. Sprite or 7-up? Doesn't matter.
36. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work? Yes, ugh!
37. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy? Dayquil for my wife.
39. Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love? I already found true love, so I will take the million dollars, thank you.
40. Do you believe in love at first sight? No
41. Ever call a 1-900 number? No
42. Can ex's be friends? Sometimes
43. Who was the last person you visited in a hospital? I don't remember.
44. Did you have a lot of hair when you were a baby? No
45. What message is on your answering machine?
"Hi, you have reached [Wife's name], [Dog's name], and [My name]. Please leave us a message."

46. What's your all time favorite Saturday Night Live Character? Land Shark.
47. What was the name of your first pet? A super mutt named Snoopy.
48. What is in your pockets? Right back pocket - a beat-up wallet that urgently needs replacing. Left back pocket - empty. Left front pocket - 81 cents in change, a little capsule containing a plastic bag to clean up after my dog when necessary. Right front pocket - key chain with my undergraduate college engraved in wood and a coin from the town I studied abroad in Sweden (attached keys to my apartment, the the anthropology department, and a lock), a key hoop with my car keys, and a stick of lip balm.
49. Favorite thing to do before bedtime? Kiss my wife.
50. What is one thing you are grateful for today? My wife!!!

TAG - You're it. Go ahead and come up with your 50 answers. Let me know in the comments section when you post to your blog. Have fun!

No comments: