Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Errant Day
I think that is what I should have called my previous post.

Never underestimate the energy-sapping potential of life's chores.

Today was filled with the fun-filled activities of xeroxing, visiting with my dissertation committee, going to the bank, taking the dog out, going to the registrar (hopefully to register for the VERY LAST TIME!), filling the car with gas, going to the postoffice (did get the Fight Breast Cancer stamps!), and a trip to the supermarket. Yes, it was raining most of the time. Yes, I did get wet.

I was supposed to come home and get started on postdoc application number 2. I had a look at it, but that's about it. I will tackle it tomorrow.

Given my day and state of mind I found this site EXTREMELY amusing [link via Plark]. Luckily I started looking at right before dinner time, so my hunger ripped me away. Otherwise I might have been there for hours giggling and laughing.

I also spent some time exploring Neave [found via Anne at Fishbucket - which is also a pretty cool place]. Neave has some cool early 80s video games you can download. Needless to say I have devoted a bit of time getting reacquainted with Tetris and PacMan. I also downloaded Space Invaders, which I used to love. Now I found it to be the most inane game. I must be getting old. Still love good ol' PacMan, though. And Tetris is one of those addictions you hate to have. Now all I need is a neon shirt, some white pants, a poofy haircut, and play some Simple Minds or some Thompson Twins and I would be right back in my formative years.

No, I need to come back to reality and the grown up world. I am still raiding the candy stash, though. Five pieces taken so far.

Mindless. Sweet.

No comments: