Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Don't Challenge Destiny
I am not a big baseball fan, but the recent experiences of the Boston Red Sox and Chicago Cubs have been illuminating. Don't challenge destiny. If things are not meant to be...they just aren't going to happen.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this saga. Boston and Chicago both have baseball teams that have not won the championship since 1918 and 1908 respectively. Everyone talks about the teams being cursed or being destined to lose.

There has been great excitement this year because both teams are in the semi-finals (they play best 4 out 7 games) and people have been hoping that desitiny would change.

Taking a break from my writing I was able to catch the latter part of the Chicago game. They were winning 3-0 and it seemed like they were going to make the final. Then everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, fell apart. A fan interfered with a play that would have put Chicago closer to winning. A player made an error during what should have been a routine play. Now it looks like they are going to lose the game. It is so sad.

There may still be hope. Chicago has another chance to try to win. Boston needs to win two games in a row in New York. But I am not holding my breath...

Those ten minutes I watched taught me - don't challenge destiny.

========

I am so close to finishing this chapter I could SCREAM!!!!

No comments: