Sunday, October 12, 2003

Post-Writing Venting
I spent a good part of this dark and rainy day ploughing through my notes attempting to write the third chapter of my dissertation. My writing comes in waves. It is hard for me to get started, but when I hit a groove, I can cruise along for a while.

I really did not hit a groove today. I think it is the material. I am trying to combine qualitative info with statistics into a narrative, which is really difficult. It's like mixing oil and vinegar. You can shake it up, but they want to stay separate. If you shake it up just right, though, it emulsifies and you get something great. I am still trying to figure out how to shake my writing just right.

I just wish this would not take so long. This chapter needs to get done.

My head hurts. I think the time has come to call it a night. Please excuse me for not having anything interesting to write.

No comments: