Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Or is it the alien signals that are hurting my head?
In the comments to my last post, Radmila stated:

Well!
It's clear to me that you have to stop wearing that tin foil hat, you're clearly getting signals!


What is clear to me is that Radmila is psychic. How else could she know about the signals?

My office at home has an unusual phenomenon. When I first set it up about a year ago, strange signals were coming through the appliances. While speaking on the phone, I could hear faint music in the background. When I got new speakers for my computer, I could hear voices coming through them. Occasionally my computer makes an electronic noise that is somewhere between a tick and a beep, and the screen flickers at the same time.

After using this office for a year, the voices from the speakers have grown loud enough for me to figure out that it is the university's radio station. The same goes for the music on the phone. I am still not sure what the beeping computer and screen flicker are. Over the past couple of weeks, the radio transmission from my speakers has gotten so loud that overtakes any music that I play. I thought I could just get the stream online from the radio station, but some silly litigation has stopped the radio station from streaming its broadcasts online. So now I can't listen to music and I just switch the speakers off.

We don't have this problem in any other part of our apartment. Just this office. I have often wondered what kind of brain damage I am getting from this bombardment of radio waves from the radio station.

By the way, the headache diminished for a while with minimal dizziness taking its place, but it is coming back now. On top of it all, my stomach is having a hard time digesting 800 mgs of Advil.

I might take Kim's bath suggestion. I love baths, unfortunately I am too tall to fit into our bathtub without bending my legs way up. In fact I am too tall for most bathtubs. I will try it anyway...with some lavender salts. Mmmmm...

No comments: