Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Jumping Back Into Real Life
I have not been very forthcoming with the details of the trip, have I? Many apologies to you all. I promise I will as soon as I get a chance to sit peacefully at my computer. I have found myself trying to catch up with all the things that piled up while I was away: laundry, mail, bills, email, and on and on. You leave for a few days and it seems like you have been gone for a year.

I need to do something about my email account. While I was away I accumulated over 300 messages, and I would say more than three fourths of those were spam. I can deal with them while I am around, checking my email every couple of hours (much more frequently when I am procrastinating), but this was ridiculous!

I do have some good news to share. I got my chapter back from my advisor (he is super-human, he can read things so damn quickly) and his comments were:

"Very nicely done!"

He did point out typos and a few things that needed fixing, but this is a HUGE relief. Especially because as I was on the plane to Puerto Rico I kept thinking of things that I forgot to include and weaknesses in my arguments. I am meeting with him tomorrow, where he might point something else out or get on my case for being behind schedule. That's ok, though. I probably need it.

Keep checking in for those trip details...I promise they are coming soon ;)

No comments: