Sunday, March 07, 2004

For the Dogs

Sara and I went to the Pet Show at the Rhode Island Convention Center. I had gone several years ago. It was before we had a dog, but we were living with someone else who owned a Dachshund. The show was fun because they had numerous rescue leagues represented with lots of dogs to look at and play with. I also brought back numerous treats and dog related goodies.

I was looking forward to going and bringing our dog a bagful of surprises. The event was very disappointing. It was much smaller than in the past (yet it seemed much more crowded). We only got a handful of freebies. Maybe it is the poor state of th economy, I don't know.

There were a few rescues and we enjoyed seeing some of the rare breeds that were there (although I am a staunch believer in mutts, being a cultural mutt myself). We even saw some real to life xoloitzquintles. They are pretty ugly, but then again so am I. The ugliest dog, however, had to be the Neapolitan Mastiff. We also watched some of the agility exhibition. In the end it was just to chaotic and crowded, we ended up leaving. Not before we bought our own dog a bag of peanut butter cookies.

No comments: