Thursday, March 18, 2004

It's a quiet (and lonely) night in the Xoloitzquintle household. Sara is staying with a friend in Boston tonight. She had an evening event and morning one tomorrow up there, so it was just easier for her to stay up there. But shhhhh...if anyone asks, especially the faculty on her dissertation committee, she is at home working hard on her dissertation.

Another Thursday is over. Phew. I can't believe a week has gone by since I was complaining about Thursdays and getting ready to go to San Antonio.

Next Thursday will probably be even more tiring, but for different reasons. It will be Day 1 of my campus interview in Wisconsin. I am starting to get a little nervous about it. Right now I am just slightly too tired to worry about it too much, though.

It snowed pretty much all day today. It was very light snow, though, so it did not really pile up. I did see some very confused (and cold) robins today hopping about on the snow as I walked about campus. Come to think of it, they had the same expression as the students: "Isn't spring supposed to be here soon?"

As I write this I am sipping a Cabernet/Shiraz blend from Australia that is quite nice. Despite its recent trendiness, I am not a big fan of Shiraz and Cabernet is rather bold for evening drinking. The vinter who put this blend together knew what she or he was doing. I can't remember the label and I am too lazy to go to the kitchen to look it up. It has a aboriginal-like picture of a kangaroo on it though. I have also had their Merlot - very good too.

I have lost interest in the Presidential campaign. I know who I am going to vote for and I can do without the nastiness that has already started. It is sad that being nasty is the most effective way to campaign.

I really would like to go see a movie. Any movie, but preferably a good one.

I guess it is time that I wander off, brush my teeth, and put myself to bed.

No comments: